2018 was another great year for reading! I set my Goodreads Challenge goal to only 52 books to give myself more time to get my own writing done (I just finished the first draft of my novel, and am now entering the revising and editing stage — exciting, but overwhelming!), but wound up reading 65 books in total.
It is always so hard to choose my favorites, but there were some definite stand outs. So without further adieu, here are my Top 12 Books of 2018. If you want to check out the reviews I wrote of any of these books, head on over to the Book Reviews page of this site, or to Goodreads. Perhaps you loved some of the same books, or you can discover some new ones to add to your To Be Read List.
1. Beartown – Fredrik Backman
2. The Hate You Give – Angie Thomas
3. Little Fires Everywhere – Celeste Ng
4. Still Me – JoJo Moyes
5. And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie
6. An American Marriage – Tayari Jones
7. My Own Words – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
8. Still Writing: The Perils and Pleasures of a Creative Life – Dani Shapiro
9. The Alice Network – Kate Quinn
10. The Rules of Magic – Alice Hoffman
11. The Immortalists – Chloe Benjamin
12. The Breakdown – B.A. Paris